Another month behind us... time really does fly when you're having fun! We've had a bit of a strange winter, or more accurately a lack of winter, this year- but we managed to have tons of outdoor fun anyways. And when it has been too cold or rainy or muddy to be outside, we have thoroughly enjoyed sitting inside and watching the boys' imaginations just EXPLODE. I can't even describe how amazing it is to literally watch their creativity develop right in front of our very eyes.
We first noticed their newfound creativity a few months ago when the boys were having trouble falling asleep. We'd put them to bed at 7:30ish but they would stay awake for nearly two hours every night, sometimes even pushing 10:00. But they weren't resisting bedtime. They weren't fussing or fighting it. Nope, they were just in the middle of a mind-explosion! When we would go back in after awhile to tell them to go to bed, we would find them doing the funniest things. One night, Caleb was laying on his belly and digging ferociously into an imaginary hole in his mattress... "I'm diggin' for gold mama! I FOUND SOME!" Another night Matthew was shoving pretend food into his mouth... "I'm eatin' golf course food mama!! I'm eatin' it!!" Jon and I, having gone in there to sternly tell them to go to sleep, would have to run from the room before we burst into laughter. So we spent many-a-nights sitting right outside their door, trying to hold in our giggles as our adorably creative little boys dug a pool, scrambled eggs, planted flowers, picked flowers, planted more flowers, and drove giant excavators late into the night until their little minds finally got tired enough to fall asleep. Then we'd let ourselves laugh out loud!
If you want to see more of the boys in action, check out our February video, http://youtu.be/5BaYH8dyyeo the latest installment in our video scrapbook and a wonderful summary of this months adventures
No comments:
Post a Comment