A Social Media Dare- Bumblebee Grace http://bumblebeegrace.blogspot.com/2012/08/a-social-media-dare.html
I too am guilty of sharing mostly our best. I work hard to be a great mother and I am proud of that. Our boys have experienced and accomplished quite a lot in their short little lives, and I am proud of that too. But like Melissa, and she can attest to this, I have more doubt than I do pride. So here are my weaknesses, my doubts. The things I lose sleep over, the things I cry about. The things I fear make me the worst mother in the world. The things I fear are going to cost me thousands in therapy when the boys get older. Here is... me.
- I drink too much coffee. And when my cardiologist asks about it, I fudge the truth.
- I mix up my own children multiple times a day. And sometimes I don't even feel bad about it.
- I rarely empty the trash, but just wait for Jon to do it.
- I still panic when the boys don't eat enough.
- I gave up on our first attempt at potty training before Caleb gave up- because it was hard. For me.
- I throw away a lot of good food beacuse of my fear of food poisoning.
- I am addicted to taking pictures and having my friend Meredith take pictures of the boys. I am desperately attempting to freeze time and I will never stop trying to do so.
- I judge parents who give their kids bottles full of juice. And fruit snacks. And McDonalds.
- I don't answer my phone half of the time. Even when I see who is calling.
- I get angry when people mess up our schedule and I am left to deal with the consequences.
- I put brown sugar on the boys' oatmeal.
- I leave most every load of laundry in the washer for too long. And then in the dryer for days.
- I annoy my friends with Facebook contests because I like winning things for our family that I can't afford to buy.
- I organize obsessively and often get angry with the boys for undoing my cleaning.
- I feel like naptime is my right as a mother- not just something kids need.
- I don't work out enough, barely at all.
- If the boys are playing quietly, I check my email.
- I dust about 4 times a year. And I don't care about the cobwebs unless someone really important is coming over.
- I secretly wish we could get the boys IQ tested, mostly for my own selfish curiosity.
- I watch Hollywood Heights. And I love it.
- I want to move to the east coast, even though it means taking the boys away from all of their family.
- I am absolutely terrified to go back to work someday. I don't think I am good enough at being a social worker anymore. I don't even know it I want to be a social worker anymore.
- I shave my legs about once every 6 weeks.
- I am so proud of the acting and modeling the boys have done and so thankful for the life experiences it has opened up to them. But I'm embarassed to admit it because I feel like everyone judges us for it.
- My mini-van is a total mess. An absolute disaster.
- I fear that becoming a good mother has made me "less good" at doing everything else in life.
Go ahead. Its your turn now... accept the dare!!
Well...we already knew that you never answer your phone, and that you screen the calls you don't answer. We also knew about the van!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing. Your post makes me laugh! Mainly because you're always one of those momma's that make me feel like I'm doing a less than stellar job (president's and states. Ha! We know numbers 1-3 and the sounds s,m, and a since I'm teaching phonetically). Oh, and just to share some grace. I had to switch cars with a friend earlier this week... um... she took it straight to a carwash/vacuum it out place. Soooo embarrassing. Luckily she was so grace-full about it :)
ReplyDeleteMelissa, I always find it funny that I make you feel like you're doing less than a stellar job... because YOU make ME feel like that! Especially with how cool and calm you are about the silly things that make me panic :) You are so straight to the point about things that I make so complicated in my own head and I always wish I could make more for the boys like you do for your girls!!
Delete