HomePreSchool

Caleb and Matthew

Caleb and Matthew

Monday, April 8, 2013

Just Like Daddy

Although I rarely ever forget, it's days like these that remind me that I have the most amazing husband in the entire world.  And while sometimes I wonder what I did to deserve two little boys who are a spittin' image of their father- the endless energy, the wacky ideas, the intense passions- I know that if  I can give the world two more men exactly like him, I will have contributed the most amazing gift to this world :)

Yesterday I was gone all morning helping my friend Meredith take pictures.  When I came home, this is what I found in the boys bedroom.  What in the hell is it you ask?  (Don't feel bad, I asked the same thing!)  Why it is a sugar shack of course!!!  Just like Daddy's.




Loading "logs" into the "evaporator" (aka giant Rubbermaid tote)

 Using the blow torch to start the fire (aka big orange piece of felt!)
 
A Duplo bucket full of sap gets poured into the pans
 
 
 
And if that wasn't enough for one day- Jon was changing the oil in our cars later in the afternoon.  Not only did the boys "help", but Daddy set them up to practice all by themselves on their very own car.  I can't even tell you how much I love watching their creativity explode while they are learning important life lessons.  And the most important thing they seem to be learning- how to grow up to be Just Like Daddy!
 








No comments:

Post a Comment