HomePreSchool

Caleb and Matthew

Caleb and Matthew

Friday, April 13, 2012

Potty Update

Well, we're a week and a half into this potty thing and I'm exhausted! Last week wasn't so bad because Jon was home. This week I'm on my own all day! The boys are doing really well, which makes me feel bad for being exhausted- but gosh darn it, I'm tired!!! Both of them are able to tell me when they have to pee, or they just go do it on their own now which is awesome. Except that half the time they forget to point it downwards and it spashes up over the little spash guard, which is supposed to prevent such messes from occuring in the first place- not!- and I end up cleaning up a puddle anyways. UGH! Poop is another story. Both of them are able to tell me when its coming. Great, right? Wrong. They tell me exactly 3 seconds before it comes! And believe you me, that is NOT enough time to get the whole thing into the potty! So we're encouraged that they're not having full-out accidents, but that still leaves me with a half of a poop to clean up. For the first time ever, I'm wishing we didn't feed these boys so damn well... they have VERY healthy bowels! So I'm constantly on high alert- chasing them around all day, studying their faces and trying to be one step ahead, just 10 seconds ahead, of when the are going to poop- which would give me exactly 13 seconds to get them on the potty so I don't have to clean anything up. It's exhausting.

But on a brighter note- we've been able to leave the house in our underwear a number of times and return dry and clean. We've gone to gymnastics class twice, Eastern Market, the bookstore, Lowes, etc. with no accidents. So I'd definately say they are getting the hang of it. However- I'm seriously contemplating leaving Jon home alone ALL weekend so he can experience this potty-training-twins-by-yourself thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment