So we bought the boys some Richard Scarry books at Costco the other day. Grammy has a big Richard Scarry's Things That Go book at her house and the characters just crack them up... and everyone knows I have a serious problem when it comes to buying new books! Their favorite character is the cute and quirky Lowly the worm. In one of the stories, Lowly is sitting on top of Huckle's dresser. After he emptied ALL six drawers in his dresser and was using them as stairs, this is what transpired with Matthew yesterday...
Mommy: Matthew, what in the world are you doing?
Matthew: I'm climbin' up like Lowly mama.
Mommy: You know you aren't allowed to climb on your dresser!
Matthew: But no, I'm doin' it like Lowly!
Mommy: Honey, just because Lowly can climb on his dresser doesn't mean you can. Only Lowly can do that. He's a worm.
Matthew: But no, I'm a worm!
We then sat down with the book and explored the differences between my dear sweet Matthew and Lowly the worm....
Mommy: How many arms does Lowly have?
Matthew: No arms.
Mommy: How many arms do you have?
Matthew: Two!
Mommy: How many feet does Lowly have?
Matthew: One!
Mommy: How many feet do you have?
Matthew: Two! I gots two!
Mommy: See? You can't be a worm. You've got too many arms and legs.
10 minutes later he's climbing up his dresser steps again....
Mommy: MATTHEW!
Matthew: Mama, cut this foot off! Then I'll be a worm!
Seriously kid?! What do I say to that?!
Thanks for your words! It means a lot to hear that from people.
ReplyDeleteI looked over your blog too. Your boys are adorable! That's sweet that they were both in 5 yr Engagement. I wanted to see that movie anyway so I'll have to look out for them.
Martha
Hi, I'm Cristina Deptula with New Year Publishing, and I've been enjoying your blog - all the sweet baby pictures and fun stories!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'd like to let you know that we represent a series of lavishly illustrated children's books aimed at school-age girls.
Created by young teenage author Paris Morris, the books follow her as she welcomes her baby twin sisters home from the hospital, grows up, and travels with her family to various cities and destinations (Los Angeles, San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, etc.)
We're happy to send you a couple of free copies of the Paris books to read to your little ones for a mention in your blog. We can provide electronic and/or hard copies, whichever you prefer, and you may find us online at www.myfriendparis.com or www.newyearpublishing.com
Paris is still writing, and we expect several more books in the future. Wishing you and your whole family the best, and Happy early Mother's Day!
Thanks,
Cristina
www.myfriendparis.com
www.newyearpublishing.com
___________________________