Sniff... summer is over :/ I know I should just be thankful that for three full months out of every year I get to have my husband home with me full-time. And I am thankful- so very thankful! But it doesn't make tonight any easier. Luckily we packed in as much summer fun as we could yesterday, then spent today getting a ton of work done around the house and yard so that we are in somewhat decent shape for when things get hectic again.
Yesterday we headed out to the lake for one last day at the cottage with our cousins, but not before we stopped in Ann Arbor to pick some raspberries on the way. At the lake we all piled into the boat while Jon and the boys took the jet ski over to the beach where the boys played and played and played in the sand until we were all melting and had to go home for dinner. After dinner, we all packed into two cars and headed towards town to Pirate Ship Park which just so happens to be one of the boys new favorite places- any guesses why? ;) The kids- big and little- spent the evening in the creek catching crawfish. It may have been my single favorite moment of the entire summer. I sat on the rocks on the bank of the river- to my right were Jon and Brad, each 30 something, wading through the exact river, the exact spot in the exact river, searching for crawfish just as they did as kids. And to my left were their kids, making the exact same childhood memories. Even the dog got in on the fun!!! Our last stop was to get a happy cone to finish off the perfect end to summer :)
Tomorrow Jon will be back to work and the boys and will be back to preschool- which will probably be tomorrow's post should I be up before the boys and able to get enough coffee in myself. But as hard as it is to know I'm on my own tomorrow, it's hard not to keep smiling... because this week we get to celebrate the boys' birthdays!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment