HomePreSchool

Caleb and Matthew

Caleb and Matthew

Monday, April 28, 2014

Pennies

Yesterday I realized that I needn't worry so much about the boys' schooling- I think they are going to be just fine.  We spent the day outside in the yard, cleaning up and emptying out the garage.  I was going through picking up all of the sticks an branches that were on the grass and decided that the boys could help, so I offered them a penny for every stick they could pick up and add to my pile.  After stopping momentarily to ponder what they would want to buy and how many sticks they would have to pick up to earn enough money, they got right to work.  Matthew picked up a giant stick and exclaimed, "A penny!"  He then promptly broke it in half and excitedly shouted, "TWO pennies!"  Not to be outdone, Caleb pulled his sled to the back corner of the yard where I had already deposited two wagons full of sticks into a pile and started picking up my already collected sticks and placing them directly into his sled.  While I had to put the kaibosh on their little get rick quick schemes, I have to admit I was pretty impressed with their creativity :)

1 comment:

  1. That kind of goes along with "We just won't tell Mom"

    ReplyDelete