While doing some research for my writing early this morning, I stumbled upon this article titled How to Socialize Young Children by Raymond S. Moore. I feel as if I have read this exact piece in a previous life or in my sleep or in some other manner that has subconsciously driven my thoughts on what is best for our boys. Validation is an incredible feeling, especially for parents- as we are all wandering blindly down this rocky path that is raising our children in a world where raising children is no longer as highly valued as it once was. With little guidance, we all stumble and fall and we all fear that with any step we could literally fall off the side of the cliff and tumble to our demise- or more accurately the demise of our children at our expense! So it is nice to find a little glimmer of light, of hope that maybe we are on the right track- at least for a few steps, at least for us.
Not everyone will find this as enlightening as I have, because arguably there are many long-standing and deeply ingrained outside influences on such a decision. And as always, there are many exceptions to any rule. But I have shared our views "On Socialization" previously, so I wanted to share this as well. Someday you'll be able to read more of my thoughts on the topic and how it pertains to our family, but for now I encourage you to read the short article How to Socialize Young Children by Raymond S. Moore. It is often hard to admit that maybe we have been misguided, thus it is human nature to discredit information that conflicts with the views we have internalized. But the more I'm researching and reading and learning, the more I'm inclined to trust my gut. And the more I'm inclined to challenge myself- and others- to dig deep and really question why it is we do what we do. Enjoy :)
No comments:
Post a Comment