Saturday, January 11, 2014
Hackschooling
I can only hope and pray that our boys turn out something like this kid. While I have been frequenting the TED Talks circuit and exploring ways to incorporate them into the boys' homeschooling, I had never heard the term "hackschooling" until this 13 year old boy explained it in this video my friend Meredith sent me. Apparently we are "hackschoolers", not homeschoolers! Who knew?! All I know is that right now it works for us. I've learned over the last year that there may never be a perfect or permanent schooling option for our boys- We will learn and change and grow and do what works for them at any given point in time. But their education will always follow their hearts and their passions- because when they are passionate about something, their desire to learn is like a wild fire we couldn't put out if we tried... and I may not be a teacher, but I am pretty certain that is what learning is supposed to feel like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment