HomePreSchool

Caleb and Matthew

Caleb and Matthew

Thursday, February 13, 2014

That's A Wrap!

Wow, it's hard to believe this is all over.  The boys wrapped on Tuesday after an incredible day of filming and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect last day.  We filmed in the penthouse of a building directly next to the Empire State Building!  It was gorgeous inside and the view from the rooftop was just breath taking.  Matthew started at 9:00am with an outside scene that filmed on 5th Avenue and 37th.  Luckily they only needed three takes because it was C-O-L-D!  Matthew filmed the next scene inside which involved one short line and a lot of building with the coolest blocks in the world- hey, it's a tough life!!  Caleb finished the day by filming the third scene, luckily also inside.  I tried to make time move more slowly so I could just take it all in one last time...  the smiles, the giggles, the hugs, the faces, the sounds.  These people have become like our family here- we have been together nearly every day for the last five weeks.  They have played such an important part in the boys life...  they have helped me care for my boys each and every day, and they have become friends that the boys wake up each morning waiting to see and play with. 


Without a better way to reach out to everyone- I'll say our thanks here and hope that some are seen.  To Ross- Thank you more than words can express for believing in our boys.  Jon and I knew we trusted our sons with you the moment we first met you when you squatted down to speak to the boys at their level- and we were more than right.  You helped them learn and grow all while they thought they were just having fun.  I hope the boys were able to bring everything to Teddy that you had hoped for!  To Scott- Thank you for all of the small things you did to help the boys be as successful as they could be.  Keeping the entire set calm and quiet during those difficult scenes did not go unnoticed and it made a world of difference.  To Marcus and Kerrie- Thank you for your friendship, your frequent kind words about our boys, and for the most thoughtful gift.  I think we'll be reading this for a loooong time!  To Jessica- Thank you for your communication and patience and your bright smile in the basement.  To Melissa- Thank you for the peace of mind you gave me with your second set of watchful eyes and kind heart.  To Nick G.- Thank you for your friendship and I do sincerely apologize for some of the conversations you had to walk in on upstairs :)  To Cynthia and Amy- I will never be able to express how much you came to mean to our boys.  They looked forward to seeing you every single day and they couldn't wait to see you to share their most special moments with you.  And thank you for the friendship you offered me as well- at times it got lonely living so far from home but upstairs I still felt like I was with friends.  To Alex- Thank you for your friendship as well.  I wish I could thank you for introducing me to a whole new world of clothing and style for the boys, but when my husband discovers how much their spring wardrobe is going to cost I am totally blaming it all on you :)  To Olivia and Kristin- I'm not sure who will miss you guys more, me or the boys!  Thank you for making every single day so light and fun.  To Ola, Collen, and Emma- Thank you for the muffins and gummy bears and the fort that a child's dreams are made of!  To Nievez- Thank you for taking such good care of all four of us and for always having healthy snacks, water, and hot tea at the ready!

And to Nick, Rose, and Bobby- Thank you for inspiring our boys with your friendship and talent.  I watched our little boys learn from each of you- they grew as people and as actors over the course of the last five weeks and as a mother, it was incredible to watch.  Jon and I couldn't ask for them to have better role models in this crazy business.  Thank you for accepting them and treating them with such respect.  Each of you has made an impact on our boys that will last long after we part ways and we can never thank you enough. 

To the entire cast and crew of Brother's Keeper- THANK YOU for the most magical experience of our boys' little lives.  Every single person we encountered over the last five weeks was nothing but positive and respectful of our sons and we are forever thankful for all of you!!!





Pondering life with Miss Alex while checking out the amazing view we had of the Empire State Building!


Miss Alex, Miss Olivia, and Miss Kristin


Matthew getting his microphone put on


Make up with Miss Amy 

 
Getting dressed with Miss Kristin


Matthew with director Ross Katz


A.D. Mr. Scott


And ACTION!


The boys with Mr. Nick- our keeper :)


Where I watch :)


Matthew's first trip to the roof!!  It was so big I couldn't get the whole thing in a picture!

 
One last time in Miss Cynthia's chair


This could be my all time favorite picture from the whole trip- Caleb in Miss Cynthia's arms watching Matthew on the monitor :)


Caleb and Miss Cynthia- best buddies!


Caleb's first trip up to the roof

Fellow Michigander Mr. Bob :)


Producers Miss Karrie and Mr. Marcus gave the boys the most incredible Frank Lloyd Wright book- THANK YOU!!!!!


Both boys up on the roof- trip 2 of 3!  


Matty and Nieves


Looked up and realized you could see the ESB from INSIDE too.  Unbelievable!


Miss Melissa

 
Miss Sarah


Being goofy with Miss Olivia!


Matthew's smile when I asked him if he enjoyed being Teddy...

































No comments:

Post a Comment