I never thought I'd say this, especially after the week we've had, but I'm sitting here with absolutely nothing to do so I figured I'd update our blog! The boys ended up having their first sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa's last night- although it was due to a semi-emergency situation- and when I texted my mom at 10:30am to say we were awake and she could bring them home, they said they didn't want to come home and were having another sleepover! Because our entire family managed to come down with the stomach flu at the beginning of the week, my house has been cleaned top to bottom already and I ran errands and did the grocery shopping yesterday so there isn't much for me to do but sit here and... relax?! How strange this feels but how incredibly needed it is.
We spent 10 hours in the emergency room last night after Jon gave us all a good scare. The good news is that they think a combination of recovering from the stomach bug and accompanying dehydration along with the natural gas he was using in his classroom yesterday triggered an atypical complex migraine. But he had the ER doctors scrambling to rule out a stroke and/or dissection. While it always sucks to spend hours waiting in the ER waiting room, I discovered that it is worse when they whisk you right back the second they meet you at the desk. And of course there's nothing like an abnormal CAT scan and a 2:00am MRI to get your blood flowing :/ But all is well, and we managed to get home before dawn and get a few hours of sleep. Then we woke up to an empty house which is something we have never experienced before! It's a bit of a bummer that the boys' first sleepover was under such circumstances, but I can't believe they did it and had such a great time! Who knows, maybe we'll let my parents keep 'em for another night. At least they'd get a better idea of why we are often at our wits end, pinning our eyeballs open with toothpicks and downing pots and pots and pots of coffee!!!
No coffee was needed here but they did get a few extra Grandma snacks, watched more TV than was required, viewed several extra Lego videos, and had breakfast at Paneras. Only one shelf with 2 pictures was damaged in the sleepover and Matthew's head was not injured. Fortunately, the bent horizontal blinds were fixed by Grandpa. And we all happily survived!
ReplyDelete