HomePreSchool

Caleb and Matthew

Caleb and Matthew

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Ask Dr. Nandi

This past weekend I had the great pleasure of attending a live taping of the Ask Dr. Nandi show.  Staying true to his hometown, Partha and Kali Nandi tape and produce the show in metro-Detroit.  In addition to their mission of making health and medicine warm and approachable, the Nandi's are also determined to keep the successful show right here in Detroit as part of an effort to revitalize this great city.  Dr. Nandi and his team who he calls "The Nandi Family"  taped at the show's new studio in Farmington Hills, Michigan.  I've been on a handful of television and movie sets from New York City to Los Angeles, but I've never experienced a set quite like the one I did this weekend! 
 
Before I even stepped foot in the studio, I could feel the bass of the music thumping and hear the roar of the audience as they hooted and hollered, cheering on fellow audience members in a dance contest.  Walking in, the place was packed with people up on their feet, dancing and singing and keeping the beat.  While the crew readied for their fourth show of the day, the energy in the studio was electric.  But what surprised me the most wasn't the packed crowd bringing down the house, it was the calm doctor himself getting in on the party!  It was hard not to smile and join in the fun- though I can count on one hand the number of people who have ever seen me dance before that exact moment!

When the crew was ready to begin filming the audience quieted, their attention commanded by Dr. Nandi's ever calming presence and easy way with words.  The set itself, a sea of tranquil turquoise and blue surrounding Dr. Nandi and his guests, helped the audience settle into a sense of seriousness as Dr. Nandi began interviewing a young woman with a devastating eating disorder.  The audience laughed, the audience cried.  During breaks in filming, the music boomed and the energy returned only to be followed by more damp eyes as filming resumed and Dr. Nandi delved deeper into the topic at hand with a compassion that is all too rare in doctors these days.  The ups and downs were exhilarating and by the end of the evening, I think everyone shared the same sentiment- Dr. Nandi is able to take his viewers on an incredible journey deep into the heart of medical topics most find difficult to broach. 

 For those of you local to the wonderful city of Detroit I urge you all to attend a live taping and experience the magic of Ask Dr. Nandi for yourself.  And for fans from coast to coast, be sure to tune in daily as the energy is undeniable no matter where you are watching! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment