Jon and I got Rigby as a tiny pup two years before we even got married. While most serious hunters will send their dogs away to be trained, Jon would have nothing of the like and instead trained Rigby himself. Maybe it was the dog, maybe it was the training, or maybe it was a combination of the two- but Rigby turned out to be more than Jon could have ever dreamed of. To see him out in the field or on the water doing what he was born to do is just incredible and over the years Jon has shot hundreds of birds over Rig. For the last two years, Jon has talked vaguely about getting some photos taken of Rigby in his element. Rig turned 10 years old this past October and I decided that now was the time. Thankfully I just happen to know the world's wildest, craziest, and most adventurous photographer :) When I approached my friend Meredith to ask her about these pictures, I about fell over when she agreed! And as the morning we picked came ever closer- as the temperature dipped into the 30's and the wind howled at 30 miles per hour- I couldn't believe she was actually going to go through with this! But she showed up at our doorstep, bright eyed and bushy tailed at 5:45am and off we went into the wild blue yonder. Despite the whipping winds and my less than stellar boating skills, the morning was more amazing than I ever could have hoped for and well, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...
Meredith, once again you have captured my heart. Rigby was our first baby and just as you have captured the boys through the years, you managed to freeze time in a way that a mother can only dream of!!!











Amazing photos.
ReplyDelete