While we were in California, the boys were obsessed with cacti. Whenever they'd see one, they'd shout it out- and if you've never been in or around LA, let me just tell you that that would take place approximately 100 times a day! So this morning Matthew decided that since we couldn't go to Cactus Park today, we should re-create it. His idea- not mine! After looking at some of our Cactus Park pictures, we spent the morning reading about the different major classifications of cacti. Then we recreated the major ones out of play-doh and made our very own Cactus Park! I now know more about cacti than I have ever wanted to and will ever need to know. But it was fun to take an old memory and turn it into a learning experience. And I meant it from the bottom of my heart when I told Matthew we would take him back to his beloved Cactus Park someday.
Cactus Park
What happens when you touch things at Cactus Park!
The boys with their cousin Alex
Matthew working on his Echinocereus or "Hedgehog" cactus
Caleb working on his Barrel cactus
Our very own Cactus Park consisting of the six main categories of cacti!!



No comments:
Post a Comment