HomePreSchool

Caleb and Matthew

Caleb and Matthew

Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

There was a time, a very long time, where I had absolutely no interest in being a mother.  I wasn't sure I was capable of loving someone with all of my heart and of raising them the right way in a crazy world over which I have no control.  While I sometimes still struggle with the latter, I've found that I couldn't have been more wrong about the former.  In just three and a half years, the boys have taught me more about life and love than I had learned in the 27 years prior.  I feel like I am still finding my place, my identity, my voice-  who I am both as a mother and as a person- so my boys (all four of them!) thought that the best place to help me continue searching for who I am and who we are as a family was out in the middle of the woods for our first family morel hunt of the season.  They couldn't have chosen a better way to celebrate Mother's Day.  I even found the first morel :)  Happy Mother's Day!

Found a tee-pee in the woods!


First morel of the year!


Matty showing off our first morel


Hard at work


Found another one!
 
 
Found a snake too :)


Just like Daddy :)

 Not a great haul- but enough for the boys to have for dinner.  They gobbled them up!
 
 
Gift the boys made for Grandma


And for Grammy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment