HomePreSchool

Caleb and Matthew

Caleb and Matthew

Thursday, June 19, 2014

California Remix- Day 3

It's our third day and thankfully it feels like we're finally starting to adjust to the time change.  The boys slept in until 6:30 this morning and Jon figured out the right ratio of coffee grounds to water today, so it was an all-around better morning for all.  I don't know how these people live out here without Tim Horton's coffee...  while the coffee Jon made this morning was drinkable, I'm still considering finding out what it would cost to ship some Tim Horton's tins out here!  At least in NYC I was able to pack a couple of tins to take with me!

After drinking our drinkable but not wonderful coffee, we headed into Griffith Park to go to Travel Town.  The boys and I went during our week long trip two Novembers ago but Jon has never been so the boys were pretty geeked to take him.  Even though the boys aren't obsessed with trains anymore, we still spent a long morning enjoying all of the engines and it was amazing to see that the boys still remember how to read the wheel codes on the engines.  After Travel Town we stopped by the Glendale Farmers Market on our way home- the boys picked out some donut peaches and blood oranges that we sliced up for lunch.  For one of the first times ever I enjoyed having my iPhone as I had downloaded an LA Farmers Market app which is super useful...  you could spend a year of just visiting farmers markets every day and still not get to them all!

In the afternoon the boys had a meeting in West Hollywood.  Agent meetings and auditions are always a tad stressful for us because the boys do them on their own and they are absolutely positively terrible at reporting anything useful when they are done.  I don't know how they can remember the names of all of Jupiter's moons but can't remember a single thing that happened 60 seconds ago- but I swear that's what happens every single time.  The sky could open up and rain down cupcakes or the entire state of California could finally drop off into the Pacific Ocean but if either of those things happened during the five minutes the boys are in an audition- they wouldn't remember to tell us!  They both said things went well though, so I guess that's all we'll know :)  Unfortunately right after both of them decided to be a bit silly which we weren't too happy with- and as much as Jon and I expect from them at times, I guess we have to remember that they can only hold themselves together for so long.  Having high expectations of them and remembering that they are four is sometimes a tough line to walk.  Anyways- since we were in the area we decided to walk around Rodeo Drive for a bit, grab some dinner in Beverly Hills, and stop at Holmby Park until traffic let up a little for our drive home.  I'm actually pretty certain that I want to live right next to Holmby Park.  It could be the greatest little park in the world.  The house directly across the street is for sale- but then again it was also for sale two years ago so either someone bought it and didn't like it or they are asking way too much.  Either way, we won't be buying it unless someone wants to buy it for us!!!  Anyways- we met a grandpa at the park with his 18 month old granddaughter who loved playing with the boys' sand toys.  (They lived next to Holmby Park and I had half a mind to ask him if we could move in- goodness knows the house has to be big enough!)  We spent quite some time talking with the grandpa and playing with the little girl and when he left he said to us "You guys are really awesome parents.  Stay who you are- you can tell you're not from LA".  We sure have met a ton of wonderful people who ARE from LA, but it was nice to hear that despite having the boys involved in acting and having one foot straddling this wild and crazy world that this guy (who could afford a house next to Holmby Park!) thought we were pretty down to earth parents.  Between the boys' overexcitabilities and all of our struggles with school decisions and the acting and traveling, it sometimes feels like we are royally screwing this all up- so it was a nice way to end our night.  Hopefully we're doing something right.


Travel Town


Happy boys


 A mini-hike in Griffith Park


Yay- we did it!!!!


Holmby Park


They sure do love the sand!


No comments:

Post a Comment