HomePreSchool

Caleb and Matthew

Caleb and Matthew

Monday, March 12, 2012

Breaking News- Identity of Sock Monster Discovered!

Breaking News!!! I have made an earth shattering discovery that could change the lives of mothers the world over!!! This morning I discovered that contrary to popular belief, the sock monster does not live in the washing machine. Nope. While changing the boys' crib sheets this morning, I learned the truth about the infamous sock monster... you know, the one who eats one sock per pair, leaving you with an entire drawer full of unmatched, unloved, homeless, useless socks... the one who has inspired young entrapraneuers to now sell socks in sets of three so that when he strikes, you still have a functioning pair of socks. At least until he strikes again.

So where does this monster live you ask? Under Matthew's mattress. To be honest, I'm actually pondering the possibility that my sweet, innocent little Matthew may be the monster himself! Could I really have given birth to one of the most notorious fictional characters in the world?! When I picked up his mattress I found thirteen, yes THIRTEEN, white socks underneath it!!! Seriously kid?! I changed that sheet exactly six days ago!!! And I can guarentee you that I have not put socks on him every day since then... in fact, most days we don't even get out of our pajamas, negating the necessity of socks for days at a time. So if the sock monster strikes at your house, don't blame your poor washing machine... he may be innocent after all. But feel free to give me a call so I can check and see if your missing sock is under Matthew's crib mattress!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, your sons are adorable. Found you via MBC. Following you and hope you'll do the same. I am hosting a Giveaway as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a nicely written post. You have a way with words! I will be back for more!
    http://newyearsresolutionexercise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete